Although Mr Randal A. Nardone is popularly known for being the Chief Executive Officer of Fortress Investment Group, a position that he assumed in 1998, he currently holds executive positions in many other notable organizations at the same time.
To fully understand the kind of responsibilities Randal Nardone has, take a look at the summary of his current positions right below.
Summary of Randal Nardone’s current positions
- He became a Director in Eurocastle Investment Ltd since 2006
- He has been the Chief Executive Officer of FMA LLC since 2006
- He is the Co-Founder of FIG LLC (Private Equity) and he also became the CEO of the organization in 1998
- He is also the current CEO of FM Falstaff Advisors LLC, a company that he co-founded in 1998
- He is the current Chief Executive Officer of FIG LLC (Credit Opportunities),a positioned he assumed in 1998
- In the same 1998, he was appointed the COO and Secretary of Impac Commercial Holdings Inc.
- He is a director in Seacastle Inc., a position he assumed also in 1998
- He became a director in Florida East Coast Railway Corp. in 2008
- The management of Newcastle Investment Holdings Corp. appointed him as the secretary and Vice President in 1998
- He became a director in Springleaf REIT, Inc. in 2011
Before co-founding Fortress Investment Group in 1998, Mr. Nardone was the Managing Director of UBS from May 1997 to May 1998. Long before then, he was a partner and member of executive committee at Thacher Proffitt & Wood, a notable law firm. After that, he joined BlackRock Financial Management, Inc. as a principal.
Considering his highly remarkable career, you will want to know his academic background. Nardone got his B.A in English and Biology from the University of Connecticut and he got his J.D. from Boston University School of Law.
His popularity soared higher when he made the list of Forbes’ Magazine’s World Billionaires in 2007 at the age of 55. Then, his net worth was estimated to be $1.8 billion. In addition to being the Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Fortress Investment Group, he began serving as a member of their board of directors since November 2006.
In February 2017, SoftBank concluded plans to acquire Fortress Investment Group at the $3.3 billion to add additional investment expertise to the Conglomerate. Due to his business acumen and his expertise in the finance sector, SoftBank still allowed Nardone to be in charge of the affairs at Fortress Investment Group even after they have acquired it.